Adjectives: English primary resource
Describe the nouns listed using some of the adjectives suggested on the worksheet
The primary resource available to download here has been supplied by Jolly Learning; creators of Jolly Phonics products.
Build vocabulary and comprehension skills by describing the nouns listed on the worksheet using some of the adjectives suggested.
Activity: Ask the children to complete the free downloadable Adjectives worksheet as a fun way to teach children about word classes.
The teaching resource can be used as a printed handout, for pupils to use in pairs, or as a class exercise, with the final result displayed on the interactive whiteboard for class discussion.
N.B. The following information for mapping the resource documents to the school curriculum is specifically tailored to the English National Curriculum and Scottish Curriculum for Excellence. We are currently working to bring specifically tailored curriculum resource links for our other territories; including South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If you have any queries about our upcoming curriculum resource links, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This English primary resource assists with teaching the following Key Stage 1 English (Year 2) objectives from the National Curriculum:
Pupils should be taught to:
develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by:
- discussing and clarifying the meanings of words, linking new meanings to known vocabulary
- discussing their favourite words and phrases
learn how to use:
- expanded noun phrases to describe and specify [for example, the blue butterfly]
This English primary resource assists with teaching the following Literacy and English Second level objectives from the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence:
- I am learning to use language and style in a way which engages and/or influences my reader.
- I can convey information, describe events, explain processes or combine ideas in different ways.