Dinosaur puzzles primary resource
Complete fun and educational puzzles about dinosaurs
This primary resource introduces children to different species of dinosaur. How well do you know the physical characteristics of the different dinosaur species? How do you spell some of the important words and names connected to the dinosaurs?
The resource will help with cross-curricular teaching at Early Years Foundation Stage to introduce children to dinosaurs. This primary resource is a good introduction to Science teaching about dinosaurs; characteristics of species; evolution and fossils.
Pupils will learn about different species of dinosaur, and use their dinosaur learning as a vehicle for problem solving, literacy and spelling skills, physical development and visual cognition — in our National Geographic Kids’ Dinosaur primary resource sheet.
The teaching resource can be used as a printed handout for class time or homework.
Activity: Ask children to complete the puzzles on the spread, either in groups, pairs or with help from their parents at home.
N.B. The following information for mapping the resource documents to the school curriculum is specifically tailored to the English National Curriculum and Scottish Curriculum for Excellence. We are currently working to bring specifically tailored curriculum resource links for our other territories; including South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. If you have any queries about our upcoming curriculum resource links, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This dinosaur primary resource assists with covering the following EYFS objectives from the National Curriculum:
In planning and guiding children’s activities, practitioners must reflect on the different ways that children learn and reflect these in their practice. Three characteristics of effective teaching and learning are:
- playing and exploring — children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’;
- active learning — children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements;
- creating and thinking critically — children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things.
This Science primary resource assists with teaching the following Sciences Early level objectives from the Scottish Curriculum for Excellence:
- I can talk about science stories to develop my understanding of science and the world around me
- Learning in the sciences will enable me to: develop curiosity and understanding of the environment and my place in the living, material and physical world
Download primary resource
Oops! You’ll need to sign up to access our primary resources. Registering is quick, easy and free!
Thanks for registering, you’re now free to explore our site.